Friday 5 June 2015

Addicted to the fizzy stuff.. and the beginnings of quitting

… Coca Cola Pepsi Max addict here! 


I hope everyone knows this reference! 


Tell me why certain sparkling beverages are addictive? Wherever you are from, whatever you call them… soda, fizzy pop, minerals they are everywhere, and we all have our poison, me? I love the black stuff! I love Diet Coke, Pepsi Max and I’ll go as far as saying I really do like the cheaper versions I can get in Aldi and Lidl, as the song goes.. “I just can’t get enough!!”                                   

I know its all bad for you, but the amount I do drink, I have taken to drinking the diet ones as they don't have the extra calories.. and I just prefer them now! 

Clearly.. way more healthy! HA HA


That crisp sting as it passes your lips and hits your tongue, its freezing from the fridge, that k-tizzz of the can opening (that sounds dangerously like an alcoholic). I’m just in love, but, and the major but..  I know it’s bad for me, I know it bloats my stomach and my face, and gives me acid tummy, and rots my teeth and makes my skin dull and break out!                                                                  

So WHY do I keep going back to its tasty amazingness?

I’ve decided to go on a quest to see what are the reasons for craving fizzy drinks, and I’ve also decided to give them up and do a little documentation on my way, I have done it a few times before, and honestly I gave up the black stuff for Lent this year, but began drinking Club Orange, so it has to be all fizzy drinks this time!! And clearly I started drinking Coke and Pepsi again!

Why do I crave Fizzies?  
After some research on multiple sites, but not being able to find the original source, if I do I will link it here… it has come to my attention that craving fizzy drinks is being linked to a calcium deficiency, who knew? 
And also a lack of magnesium, which I had heard before. So maybe this is why I crave the coke so much, my body is needing minerals it’s not getting from my diet,

How does drinking coke give me calcium … the answer is a little crazy, it is known that fizzy drinks leech calcium from your teeth, and in doing this that calcium is passing into your stomach to be reabsorbed when needed! Our bodies are magical things!
Detox Time
So it is time for a detox and get myself back into drinking water, which I also love, clearly not as much though! 

I’m writing this with acid reflux and a can of Pepsi in my hand, no joke, I can drink four or more cans of coke a day and they are the larger value ones! So maybe about a litre and a half a day! Yeeesh!!

So next Tuesday the 9th of June (never start anything on a Monday), I am going on my official detox and quitting the black stuff, and the orange stuff… and only if I’m very stuck I will drink diet 7up! I’m going to document my skin’s improvement and maybe the roundness of my face! :P  Also my general health and how I feel, I will also try to increase my intake of both calcium and magnesium and report back how I’m doing!


I know it’s difficult at the start, I know the headaches come, and having it everywhere and when meeting friends it’s hard as they drink it quite often, but I have done it before, and know I need to do it again!

My Aim
My aim is to maintain the no fizzy drinks for good, but my initial goal is thirty days, they say a habit is broken after twenty-one days, so I might as well go the few extra for a round month!
-Right now I am preparing by flooding myself with Pepsi and Coke to make it "extra easy" for me to stop!! and mentally preparing to grieve the loss of a something so divine in my life!! :P 
Wish me luck!

Pictures will follow in later posts!

Maybe you'd like to read something else I've written?

Warner Brothers Studios Tour England

All about me!

Social Media

Twitter! @J3NMD

Instagram





1 comment:

  1. I have up dizzy drinks before had awful headaches for weeks but then it cleared now I can only have a small glass or a can, feel sick if I have more than that, and I find it hard to stomach Coke at all, Pepsi is easier. hopw it goes well for you xx

    ReplyDelete