Tuesday 2 June 2015

All About the Brow

  

 I’m no make-up artist or beauty queen, but I do appreciate a good eye brow, on myself and others, and I also can see a rotten job a mile away and wonder… do you see yourself? Haha



  I’m very much, live and let live in any aspect of life, but the brow game is nearly more important than your hair these days! I envy so many women with fabulous full brows and although we are told often “eyebrows are sisters not twins” my “sisters” are bloody thin, sparse and like a see-saw, I think I look bemused half the time!! ... writing that makes me chuckle because I sound fickle, but when your brow game is strong, I feel like you can take over the world…

Cue the make-up products, dying, waxing, threading and plucking.

I think I’ve tried a lot of products and “procedures” on my brows to try get them “on fleek” 
And so why not chat about them and see what I like and my thoughts.

I firstly began with tweezing, of course on my own as there’s no way I’d pay someone to do that, I used to love getting a friend to do them for me, and for the most part I was always happy with them.

Then I discovered the HD Brow, between E35-E50 a go, and at the beginning I loved them, they do last well, the dye does give them a fuller look, and the combination of waxing and threading does make your make-up sit better.
But I found that the girls doing them, didn’t ask any questions about colour or shape, then just went about it, even if I began to discuss what I’d like, as I said I have one higher arched brow then the other. 
They also didn’t brush away the lifted hairs from my face, and often had to go to the bathroom after to pick the hairs off my face. That may seem picky, but they let me walk away with hairs over my forehead and cheeks!

So after having a convo with myself, I decided that that wasn’t for me, and wandering around a chemist one day I saw a D.I.Y dying kit on sale, and decided I’ll do them myself and I have ever since. The dye is easy and fairly quick and lasts five-six days and then if I’m bothered I do them again.

I wrote about my experience with eyebrow home dye here,there's more pictures here too!             Dying my eyebrows 

I won’t tidy my own brows anymore. I do enjoy getting that done, and I have discovered the best cheapest place to have them threaded… PENNEYS!!(Primark)

They do cheap clothes and cheap beauty, but I am always happy with the job they do, and at E7.00 I really couldn’t get a better bargain!
-The girls are always polite and careful and I always feel they take their time with each brow to enjoy the shapes and rogue hairs are removed. The only down side and to be honest not enough to deter me is that everyone and their granny can watch you being threaded as they pass through the shop.


Now to the one main  product I use on the brows. and one I use occasionally

Sleek Brow Kit

I have two shades of their palette depending if I want a natural look, or a slighter darker shade, usually for when I have dark hair or a dark eye make-up look, they come with a mini tweezers, and two brushes, they last for ages, and go on smoothly and frankly... quickly! I find the product never wears off and doesn't smudge, and could be considered a dupe for the benefit eyebrow compact.
The shades I have are
1: LIGHT 817
2:DARK 818  ...how original! :P 


Light Colour


Dark Colour

I have also used Primark/Penneys own brand eyebrow pencil, it cost me E1.50 and also works really well, I like to use it for the “tail” and use the powder at the start of the brow as its easier and looks a little more natural, I think using a pencil requires far more finesse that I don’t have!

I think I’ve actually only really used those products for my brows, a friend applied the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pencil one day and that was amazing too. I’m just not big on spending loads for something I have a cheaper product and I’m happy with!

Thanks for reading :) 

If you enjoyed this maybe you'll like some of my other reviews! 




You can also join me on 




2 comments:

  1. I love the sleek brow kit, I have r inifjt but have dyed my hair dark so will be picking up the dark kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post lovely! Since finally giving my hair the much needed rest from peroxide it needed, my brows suddenly look rather bald with darker tones of hair :/ This is going on my wishlist!

    xo
    dollysdisco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete