Tuesday 14 April 2015

LETS DISCUSS THIS MATTE-R

MAKE ME MATTE

As a person with acne prone skin, I suffer with the dreaded “oil sheen” after a short while of wearing foundation, and more often than not, without foundation too! 
Although the dewy look is very popular for many, I like the fresh DRY face that won’t cause my foundation to slip to my ankles! 
  I have high colour cheeks and scars that are still red, I need the coverage that holds for the day, I've used many foundations for the matte finish, and none have given the effect that I desire, mostly drug store, I now use Revlon Colorstay (180 Sand Beige) and MAC (NC20) inter changeably depending on mood, and if I’m wearing some tan. 
 So back to the matte, I’ve used two primers, MAC Matte Crème Matifiante and NYX Shine Killer, both a silicone type primer to block those pores and stop the oil seeping through and ruining my face! 
Verdict is that the NYX is the way to go, much more effective than the MAC crème, which I found not to make me matte enough, like I said some of us ladies like a glow, but I don’t. 
The Shine Killer although not 100% effective is definitely the best of the two! 
Any suggestions of matte primers are welcome  :) 

I think I’ll leave foundation to another blog post, as I’d love to try some new ones and dedicate more time to writing about them and the ones that I use now! 

So powders are the next layer of defense, and I suppose for me the main focus of this blog (long winded way to get to the point!) I purchased MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium/Dark – side note, I am fairly Irish pale, I should not be on the medium/dark spectrum, sort that out MAC! 

Anywaays, I have used the MAC powder to the very last scrap, and although it was grand, that’s the extent I will go, it didn't keep me matte for long, I am not one to carry make up around with me so I would often return home with the majority of my foundation gone! BOO!! 

And so recently I retreated back to the safety of the drugstore brands, and decided to go for the cheapest and purchased Catrice Cosmetics ALL MATT Plus for 3.99Euro. 
Verdict I’m in lurrvve!! 
 I wore it on day one, shine free day, no top ups?! A MIRACLE, 
Yesterday I wore it to the cinema, NO SHINE!! What the heck?! 
And today, I wore it with no foundation to college and I maintained a beautifully shine free face! BLISS!! 

It’s silky, and has a fine dust, and didn't change the colour of my foundation! AND ITS CHEAP!!!!!

Okay it contains talc and it’s not the best for your skin, but it bloomin’ works and that’s what I need! I am delighted that I have a product that allows me to be low maintenance about my make-up! 

That’s what I am all about!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment