Wednesday 22 April 2015

LOCO ABOUT COCO-NUT MILK







               Although I love chocolate, ice cream, a little cheese, butter and all animal products, I’m not a fan of the “raw” milk that some folks like to drink by the pint! (*shudders*) 

I went on a “non-dairy” journey in the last year to find the nicest milk to have with cereal, I don’t drink tea or coffee so maybe my choices aren’t A+ for those.
Okay, so I did tried, 









Soy milk is yuck, there's not much I have to say about it, its just not good.















Sweetened almond milk is nice,and i would definitely                                                                    repurchase it again, if on offer!

Non-sweetened almond milk not so much...












I tried an oat milk which tasted okay, I couldn't drink it as it didn't look right in my cereal, it was just too brownish for my liking!!  













So I hit the jack pot while perusing the healthy aisle, coconut drinking milk
Blissfully amazing yumminess! 



Now I won’t be drinking a glass of it, but in cereal it does the job deliciously!
Onto the bigger question (HA) which brand is the nicest! Usually I try and find a deal, BOGOF is ideal as coconut milk doesn’t need to be refrigerated until it’s opened, another bonus over cow’s milk, it lasts bloody ages!

I’ve tried Alpro Coconut milk, it’s my third favourite out of the three that I usually pick up, its much thicker than the others, more like the canned stuff for curries, it’s too thick for my liking and very strong tasting, but I would still use it. coconut content is 5.3%

Secondly is the Marks and Spencer brand coconut milk, usually on offer. It’s just a tasty milk, it ticks all the boxes, it is more like milk then the Alpro, its consistency is more appealing.

And my number one is KOKO coconut milk, it’s just the one I always reach for if I’m in Holland and Barrett, it’s about 2euro and lasts me about seven days. It also has more coconut content of 8%!

Seems odd to say, but I did have to get used to having non cow’s milk in my daily routine, we do get used to the usual tastes of cow’s milk, and I found myself silently freaking out every time I tasted the tangy coconut milk as I thought I was drinking gone off milk!!

Positives for drinking non-dairy milk... its non-dairy, I have acne and less milk is best for me as cow’s milk contain hormones that can cause issues to some. I’m not here to give the “no meat, no dairy promotion” as I love meat and I do eat dairy chocolate and ice cream.

Negatives about not drinking milk... listening to others saying I should drink milk... and I’m not quite sure when my coconut milk is bad... like if its extra tangy, is it still ok!! Haha





No comments:

Post a Comment